Dive Control Specialist Instructor
Make the jump from training divers to train real Dive Leaders!
Become a key player in the diving industry! Teaching the new Dive Control Specialist Course can be rewardnig, fun and profitable. This is also the first step to becoming an SSI Instructor Trainer.
Gain experience training new Instructors by assisting active Instructor Trainers in Instructor Training Courses. The more experience you have, the better your chances for being accepted to attend an Instructor Trainer Seminar. As an active Dive Control Specialist Instructor you can run the first 8 sessions of the new ITC under direct supervision.
Prerequisites for the Dive Control Specialist Instructor course are:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have logged at least 24 dives in the last 12 months.
- Be at least an Advanced Open Water Instructor or the equivalent.
- Be in an active teaching status.
- Provide own scuba diving equipment of Instructor type and quality.
- Have issued a minimum of 30 SSI certifications at various levels. For crossover instructors, certifications from other recognized agencies will apply to this requirement.
Requirements for Dive Control Specialist Instructor certification are:
- Attend a Dive Control Specialist Instructor course through an SSI Instructor Training Centre or SSI Headquarters.
- Attend a complete ITC Program before certification
Attend a real Instructor Training Course
— OR —
Role play an Instructor Training Course with other candidates.
- Have a current medical exam for scuba diving not older than 1 year signed by a licensed medical practitioner.
- Provide proof of current training in CPR.
- Provide proof of current training in first aid.
- Provide proof of being competent in the emergency administration of oxygen. This shall include knowledge of the medical principles involved and practical use of emergency oxygen.
Contact us for more information and prices