SSI OPEN WATER INSTRUCTOR
During the instructor training course we will teach you how to develop confident and comfortable divers who will commit to the sport.
Your training includes learning:
- How various industry stkeholders interact – manufacturers, media, agencies, retail, and travel
- How successful dive retailers and resorts operate
- The SSI Education System and Education Philosophy
- Techniques for teaching home study academics, pool and open water
- The legal aspects of teaching
- The basics of educational selling using SSI’s Customer Loyalty Cycle
As an Open Water Instructor (OWI) you can teach and issue certifications for
- Open Water Diver
- Advance Adventurer Diver
- Stress & Rescue Diver
- Perfect Buoyancy Specialty
- Scuba Skills Update
- Try Scuba
- Try Scuba Diving
- Indoor Diver
- Scuba Diver
- Junior Open Water Diver
This program prepares you to become an active member of the scuba industry, a sucessful educator, and a valuable dive business employee.
To participate in the ITC candidates need to be 18 years old, have SSI divecon rating or equivalent, have current medical examination, current CPR and first aid and at least 75 dives.
What does the course involve?
- Orientation 5 days before commencement date
- Classroom presentations
- Confined/Open water presentations
- General diving exams
- Instructor Evaluation
- After course completion passing candidates will be able to teach SSI Open water, advanced adventurer and rescue courses.
ITC = 57,000 THB
This cost includes
- Instructor Training Course (ITC)
- Active Status
- Instructor Evaluation (IE)
- Open Water Instructor Manuals
Contact us about our monthly specials and group discount
SSI Instructor Training Program
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Becoming a SSI Dive Leader is as simple as 1-2-3 with Scuba Diving Internships Indonesia / Malaysia
1. Study Your Academic Materials at Home
By studying your materials at home before attending our training program, you will utilize your time better. This will also allow you to maximize the information the course has to offer. Yes, we will send you your Home Study Guide anywhere in the world after receiving a 30% course deposit
2. Attending the Instructor Training Course
SSI Training Programs are active learning environments, focusing on practical application, real-world skills, and role-playing exercises. When you graduate, you will possess the dive business knowledge and the skills to be a professional in retail and resort businesses.
3. Start Teaching
The SSI Website www.diveSSI.com features a job-placement-database so that you can post your resume online, as well as locate SSI Facilities looking for your special talents. You will find this service here.
- The ITC course outline will cover the following:
- Course Introduction
- SSI Dive Professionals, Business of Instruction and ODiN
- You and Your Role in Acquisition
- You and Your Role in Development
- You and Your Role in Commitment
- You and Your Role in Retention
- Teaching Entry Level Programs
- Teaching Continuing Education
- Practical & Legal Aspects
- The Instructor Training Course and Beyond